config/ directory has one configuration file in it, called
title = "Bartholomew" # logo = "URL to logo" base_url = "http://localhost:3000" about = "This site is generated with Bartholomew, the Spin micro-CMS. And this message is in site.toml." theme = "fermyon" index_site_pages = ["main"] [extra] copyright = "The Site Authors" github = "https://github.com/technosophos/bartholomew" twitter = "https://twitter.com/technosophos"
You can think of this as “header for your site”.
It has a few pre-defined fields:
- title: the title of your website
- logo: a URL or static path to your logo
- base_url: a base URL that templates can use to construct full URLs to content. This can be overridden by setting the
-e BASE_URL="https://example.com"environment variable for Spin.
- about: a brief description of the site
- theme: the name of the theme for the website from the
- index_site_pages: A list of templates that require
site.pagesto be populated.
You can define your own fields in the
[extra] section. Anything in
[extra] is not
used by the system itself. But it’s a useful way to pass information from one central
place to all of your templates. For example, a template can access the
Let’s take a look at how you can configure your site to use themes.